Whether you wish to obtain a foundational estate plan (Will, Power of Attorney, and Medical Directive/Living Will) or require additional complex planning services involving Trusts, Guardianships, and Farm/Small Business succession planning, Attorney Covalt is available to assist you every step of the way.
Proactive planning is one of the greatest gifts you can leave your family.
As we work together to develop your estate plan, here are just a few of the questions Attorney Covalt will help you answer and account for in your unique estate plan:
- Who will take care of my loved ones if something happens to me?
- Who will make my health care decisions if I am incapacitated?
- If I am severely disabled, who will manage my personal and financial affairs?
- Who will be the guardian of my children if my spouse and I pass during their childhood?
- How will my family pay my debts if I am gone?
- Will they be able to keep the house?
- Will my heirs fight over my estate?
- Do I have enough liquidity to pay death taxes?
- Who will take over my business? Will my life’s work be sold?
- Do my loved ones know how to access all of my accounts?
- I pay all of my bills online, how will my debts be settled?
- I want to make a gift to charity; how can I make sure that happens?
- I love my blended family; but how do I make sure my kids receive their inheritance from me if I pass from this life and my spouse remarries?
- One of my loved ones has special needs, how do I preserve assets for them?